Thursday, May 14, 2009

Memento Mori


Here's my newest, functional piece going up on eBay this evening. This piece and I have had some struggles together! It was supposed to list last week, but my computer died (now it's risen from the dead, thank God). This one was also pretty labor intensive, as far as sanding and sealing-definitely a labor of love. I'm pleased with the finished result though, and I hope others enjoy it too! I LOVE swallows, so I thought I'd paint them "Day of the Dead" style. I've added roses and a banner that reads, MEMENTO MORI. That's Latin for "remember you must die". Sounds grim, but it's supposed to inspire you to live your life for today!

2 comments:

Jillian Renee said...

Oh my gosh, I love this. Very creative and thought provoking.

Illustrated Ink said...

You are too kind, thank you! My hope was that it would be thought provoking!

Total Pageviews