Sunday, September 6, 2009

Handmade Nation Show



Had a big week with two art shows, lots of inventory to make, and a good friend had a 40th birthday bash. Phew! The "Handmade Nation" show was awesome today. Had a great turnout, and it was fun meeting new people and hanging with other artists. I traded one of my owl magnets to littlegreygoose.etsy.com for one of her postman paper dolls. He's adorable, and fits inside a tiny envelope. Postman in my pocket!


I scored some free crochet patterns from craftyiscool.etsy.com. One of the patterns is to make a tiny pumpkin, "Jack", just in time for Halloween! My Mom was sweet and bought me a "Handmade Nation" tote that I hope to embroider someday soon. Many future projects now for my "Stitch N' Bitch" meetings!


All in all, a great day! Since this week was so crazy, I have no new eBay pieces to list. I hope to list two this coming week to make up for it though. ;) Have a great Labor Day!

7 comments:

Pili said...

That's such a cute postman!
Craft shows are awesome!

Lucie Le Blanc said...

Wish I could have been there and see all the great stuff you and the others do. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great setup! I love how colorful your work is! Sounds like a good show :) The paper doll is so neat--I hearted the Woody Allen one so thanks for sharing that shop!

Mrs. Evils said...

Ooh, sounds like fun! I wish we had more fun stuff like that around here. Or that if we did I wasn't too lazy to go...

Illustrated Ink said...

Thanks for all the love, ladies!

the Lost Earring-I'm so happy you checked out her shop, that Woody Allen doll is hillarious!

Mrs. Evils-Shows are fun, but they are a lot of grunt work. I can understand why you'd feel lazy to go, but they're usually worth it!

Wraylee said...

Just catching up on reading your blog posts. LOVE the little postman! He's a "must have".

Illustrated Ink said...

Lol, he makes me smile whenever I look at him!

Total Pageviews