Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baltazar


"Baltazar, the Burro" ~Sold~

Those of you that follow me on Facebook, have probably already seen this little guy, but I wanted to share him here too! My favorite feature on him is his colorful yarn tail. :)

I've been hard at work on custom orders, and I wanted to show the mask that I just completed. Teresa (one of my awesome collector's in the UK), told me that she wanted me to go crazy with color, so that's what I did! She's hosting a Halloween party, and wanted a 3/4 mask, so she could be heard easily when talking.



She also requested a simple, black and white mask for her husband, and I was kind of at a loss for what to do on it. No color, wha?! I discovered that it's actually really hard for me to not go crazy with color.
I really enjoy painting the DOTD masks, but I feel that the Etsy market has become so saturated with them, that I won't be offering them in my shop this year. That's okay, because I have a million other project ideas! ;)

7 comments:

Andréann said...

Oh, how I WANT this little guy!!
...but I don't have any money! :(

Would you like an elemental in exchange?? (a girl can always try!!)

Anonymous said...

Leila I love Baltazar ! really dig his rainbow tail ;-)
the mask is just gorgeous .
I've been so busy getting back into homeschooling etc. haven't had time to pop in but when I do .
I always experience the Wow factor ☺
lots of love , rox

Pili said...

Baltazar is such a cute guy!
Leila, you are so talented! I love your DOTD items, and the colours are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

a donkey!!!! my favorite animal growing up!

*runs to search for loose change in the couch cushions* FAIL.

*sigh* i LOVE him!!!! ;)

Michelle Phillips said...

He is gorgeous!
And... you make masks? omg! How incredibly awesome! Wow! I'm in awe here, seriously. And drooling... :)

Kim-Anh Nguyen said...

the mask is beautiful! love the colors!

Juliana Robin said...

Hello!
Your art is amazing!!!
Loved so much! *--*

Congrats!

Total Pageviews