Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!!


Happy new year, my friends! This is going to be a big and great year! Hmmm, could one of my new year's resolutions possibly be to get back to blogging? I'm shocked that it's been nearly a year since my last blog post. I miss the blog world and my blog friends - I look forward to catching up on everyone's writings. To catch you up on me in 2012 and what's in store for this year, here are the major occurances:


1. Dave and I got engaged in June! I'm so excited to be marrying my guy! We just had our 8 year anniversary in December, so I think we can safely say that it was about time! ;) Our wedding is only 3 months away on March 30th (3/30/13 and I'll be 33 when we're married - lots o' 3s!) It's an early 1900s themed wedding, and I'm eager to share some fun photos of vintage finds and projects for the wedding. Here's a couple shots from our retro engagement shoot (with Edward in a bow tie, of course):


 
My engagement ring is from the 1920s, I adore it! Disclaimer: As a painter and person that uses my hands for all kinds of crafting projects, my nails NEVER look like this, lol! These wild red tips were only for the photo shoot!

Dave's western shirt and my dress are both from an awesome vintage clothing shop on SoCo in Austin: New Bohemia










 2. For our Honeymoon, we are going on a 5 week train/backpacking adventure through Europe! Starting in Ireland, through the UK, ferrying on over to Paris, traveling down through Italy, and then taking a night ferry over to Greece to finish our adventure. Dave and I are practically more excited about this journey then the wedding, as we've never been to Europe. I'm bringing my camera and journal, I know I'll have much to blog from our travels when I return! 




 3. For my art, I'm grateful for this past year and am excited for the coming year. As usual, I have so many ideas for what I'd like to create for ILLUSTRATED INK, and with all the amazing life events happening this year, I hope to make the time to follow through with them. I've been inspired by planning our wedding, and realize that while it's growing, there are limited offerings for the "alternative bride". I'm considering a separate line of wedding decor, table cards, etc. for the bride that wants something outside the box. We shall see if I can make that happen! :) I'm open to any feedback or requests, as I'm still very much in the brainstorming phase.






6 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! So much goodness! Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming nuptials. I love that ring! Any chance you will take a steamer trunk on your honeymoon? I'd love to stash away! You'll have to take lots of photos and share with us!
Happy New Year!
blessings
~*~

Unknown said...

Many blessings to you! Edward looks great too!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

First, congratulations on your engagement, wedding and fabulous sounding honeymoon. Secondly, yay, it's great to see you here in the blogosphere again. And Lastly, I can hardly wait to see what you come up with for your alternative bridal. Best wishes on a 3 influenced occassion.....perfection. Oma Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh this is wild ! I just came to blog land and lol thinking OMG did I not post since april ! I'm kinda of tired of fb and blogging seems just a bit more homey down to earth .
and Congrats to You and Your man ! and doggie too of course .
Leila my Bob and I were together 16 yrs before we did a tradi wedding thing ;-)
now we will be 29 yrs this 2013 !
I love your wedding ideas !
my grandparents crossed the lake in a storm in thier canoe to get married and had to spend the night with the minister and family lol
I think weddings should be unique events ;-)
I've been thinking of You because I think I am going to venture out and do the tattoo thing !

Anonymous said...

First of all.... welcome back, Miss Leila! It's good to see you 'round these here parts again :)
Sounds like you've had quite the excitement going on! Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials- I'm so excited for you! The honeymoon trip sounds absolutely amazing- please take photos of EVERYTHING!

In regards to an "alternative" wedding- check out offbeatbrides.com.... you'll be sure to get inspired, believe me :)

Pili said...

Oh my, I missed this entry! Happy New Year and big big big congratulations on the upcoming wedding and the awesome honeymoon!! Too bad you're not dropping by Spain!

Thanks for sharing some photos of your engagement shoot, Edward is looking quite smashing in his bowtie!

Total Pageviews