Thursday, July 3, 2008

Plaster Of Paris, what a wonderful thing!


So my newest OBSESSION is plaster casting! Sculpting has never been my strong suit, I'm no Michelangelo. I can't believe that I never tried plaster casting before, it's opened up a whole new world for me! The beauty of casting in molds, is that I don't have to be a master sculptor (Thank God). I've been casting sugar skulls and carving and sanding the details in, very cool. Skulls are all over the house, and drying all over the backyard. I'm hoping to have a whole army of them in time for the Pecan St. Art Festival in September. I did a trial run of my first two "children" on eBay, and they did well! "Mariposa Mary" is off to France, and "Diablo Diego" is off to Alabama. I've expanded to casting roses and cherubs, and I have my eye on a Virgin Mary mold. More plaster creations to come!!!

No comments:

Total Pageviews