Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ceramics!


"La Catrina" Statue ~Sold~

I wanted to share my newest ceramic creation with you! I go through phases where I fall in love with a paint color, and I think I'm really getting into gold. I just love how bright and shimmery it looks on the Catrina statue. Yesterday, I purchased copper and silver paint that I'm looking forward to trying - I may be entering a metallic phase... ;)



I also just placed a large order for some new ceramic pieces, and can't wait to get my hands on them! Here's a sneak preview of one (you know I love mermaids!):



I'm hopeless when it comes to stocking up on items to paint! My studio shelves stay full of inventory, and I just love having a variety to choose from. It's so great having the freedom to follow my creative drive each day, not knowing in advance what I'll select next. Although, it is a little overwhelming at times having so many options! There are days where I become frozen and just can't decide what to make next - kind of like having to choose a flavor when standing in front of bins of delicious ice cream. I used to try and run my business more methodically, re-creating the same items and focusing only on popular pieces. While that's probably the best and smartest move for a successful business, that can get rather boring for me and my work shows it. Not to say that I ignore what people like and request, that would be silly! I just enjoy keeping things fresh, even though it makes for a bit of creative overload in my brain at times.

I'm off to work on a new print, or maybe I should paint a plaster piece, or maybe another paper garland design, or maybe... (my crazy ramblings fade into the distance)... :)

7 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love the golden hued lady. As for the mermaid....now I gotta see her painted, I love mermaids too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets on a color and then goes...oh yeah....other colors. TOB

abby jane said...

oh love the mermaid too!

Anonymous said...

Oh Leila I am a sucker for catrina ☺ I have a very mini one on my altar and my grandson for some reason named her gramma nana lol mine has a feather in her hat .
I am happy you got the tea ;-)

Gale said...

I really love your work. I have to get an original soon!! This new piece (congrats on selling it so fast!) is awesome. You're very talented & creative girl! I still have my heart set on getting one of those painted hands that you posted a while back. Please let me know when you have another! :)

First Draught Farm said...

Love that La Catrina! -Katrina

Pili said...

That Catrina is wonderful, the gold paint is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what other great pieces will come out of this metallic phase!

Creativity can't really be methodical! ;)

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

I agree - totally gorgeous lady.

Total Pageviews