Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Icky and Yay!

Hello friends! Sigh, yes we are coming upon that time that self-employed people dread...tax time! When I got a regular pay check, I looked forward to that sweet tax return, but now, Uncle Sam definitely wants a piece of me! I finished my taxes the other night, and everything in our living room was covered in receipts (which my cats loved). At the same time it feels good to see my business growing (and therefore more taxes owed, ha!), so I can't complain too much. ;) FYI, I use and highly recommend turbotax.com, they give me peace of mind and walk my biz through every possible deduction. It does cost $100 to file with the version I use, but it's worth it to me.
With that fun out of the way, I'm focusing on my upcoming show, the Renegade Craft Fair! Last year was its first year in Austin, and I couldn't wait to apply this year. I was so thrilled to be accepted! It also comes to Brooklyn, San Fransisco, Chicago, and London. How much would I love to do the one in London?! :)
As usual, I'm wishing I had a troop of painting elves to do my bidding. I listed some new skullies in my shop, 3 of the 4 have already sold, but this pink lady is looking for a home:


"Amor Amaranta (Unfading Love)" Sugar Skull Wall Hanging

I also brought back my custom dog signs:



and lastly, I added some more postcards!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, taxes, grrrrr...I think that we need to leave our kitties to do our taxes, eh? ; ) They'd lift the taxes on catnip and treats, lol...I love your custom dog signs and are you thinking of perhaps adding cat signs? I know my girls would love one...And have fun at the Renegade Craft Fair (I love the name of it!)

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Congrats on the Renegade Craft Fair....looks good.
Taxes.....putoooheee.
The Olde Bagg

My Petticoat is Showing said...

Ok I get back $2 seriously and it costs $9 to file, its the story of my life. I love the custom dog signs. OMG so adorable! I have to go to the Craft Fair. Looks like a road trip is imminent. So cool!

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started on taxes....this is my first year with the business, so it's all completely new for me....UGH :/

Michelle Phillips said...

Wishing you loads of luck at the craft fair, and hoping you have some fun too! Take photos, share :) Wish I could be there!
Loving the new postcards! I need one of everything you make... can we make a deal?! heehee :)

Pili said...

Oh man, taxes... this year I so will have to pay a good chunk too...

Loving the new goodies!!

Total Pageviews